“Word On The Street”
· Sam Darnold QB Jets has a shot to return week 12 but his Wed/Fri practice reports this week will determine that so stay tuned. You should not be considering starting him ever, but his absence does enhance the Team Defense outlook for the Pats or any D facing the Jets.
· Chris Conley may be worth a WR3 flier if Sammy Watkins ends up staying hurt after Conley went nuts week 11 with a 7-74-2 game vs the Rams. Watkins could emerge fine after this week 12 BYE is over.
· Josh Reynolds is also worth a possible pick up this week after he filled in for Cooper Kupp and went 6-80-1. This Rams offense is so potent that even the 4th receiving options are viable in fantasy. TE Gerald Everett is also worth a look too as a TE given how weak the TE position is this year in fantasy overall with no one other than Kelce being consistent.
· Cowboys TE Geoff Swaim is out for week 12 after undergoing surgery for a broken wrist. We would not count on him for fantasy purposes any longer this year.
· As we all know Alex Smith suffered as gruesome a leg injury as one can have in football week 11 so our best goes out to him. On the bright side, the whole Skins offense will get a boost in upside with Smith gone, starting with Jordan Reed #1.
· Saints WR Tre’Quan Smith had his breakout game week 11 going 10-157-1 on a massive 13 targets. He is worth a look as a WR3 in all formats since the Saints own the #1 best scoring offense in fantasy.
· Jalen Richard seems to have taken over the Raiders backfield with his play recently. No Raiders are viable weekly fantasy options so we’re only reporting this so you’ll know, not to necessarily act on it. Some say Doug Martin is nursing an ankle injury, others say it is nothing.
· Jimmy Graham is a massive TE BUST for 2018 which is surprising . He is now hurt with a broken thumb making him a guy you just can not start ever again this year.
· It’s early but Lions WR Marvin Jones is looking out again week 12 on Thanksgiving after suffering a knee injury two weeks ago, that’s more action again for Kenny “Happy” Gollidays. Kerryon Johnson is looking out week 12 as well so more for Riddick and L Blount coming.
· The Bucs benched Ryan Fitzpatrick again and brought in Jameis Winston. Winston is worth adding but we don’t see many people winning fantasy titles this year with Winston at the helm but in these QB desperate times, you may ‘have’ to roll with him.
· O.J. Howard TE Bucs may miss week 12 after suffering a ankle injury late week 11. If he is out, then Cameron Brate would be a must-start top 10 TE for sure.
Tannehill QB Miami is looking good to be back week 12
but should not be considered a fantasy option, no
· Mitchell Trubisky suffered a shoulder injury week 11 but the early outlook is he should be ok. Nevertheless you will need to watch his Wednesday practice reports closely.