“Word On The Street”
is very early, but it is looking like Tyrod Taylor
will start the year as the Browns starting QB and Baker Mayfield will likely
take over (in our opinion) by mid-season (week 11 at the very latest) as we
just do not see Tyrod being consistent enough to keep
this team competitive. Mayfield is not a
bad stash in deeper league and/or 2QB leagues.
· It is very early, but it is looking like Tyrod Taylor will start the year as the Browns starting QB and Baker Mayfield will likely take over (in our opinion) by mid-season (week 11 at the very latest) as we just do not see Tyrod being consistent enough to keep this team competitive. Mayfield is not a bad stash in deeper league and/or 2QB leagues.
Gesicki is a deep TE sleeper for
Moore WR Carolina is looking like he has a legit chance to start week 1
alongside Devin Funchess.
· It looks like there may be a TE battle brewing in Indy. With Luck back and seemingly healthy, Jack Doyle and Ebron will battle it out this pre-season. We feel Doyle will win the initial nod but whether or not he will be able to sustain hanging onto the TE gig remains to be seen. We do have faith in Doyle to potentially be a top 10 TE if Luck stays healthy.
· The Packers are looking like a team that is going to use the dreaded “Running Back by Committee” approach with Jamaal Williams, Ty Montgomery and Aaron Jones randomly mixing in depending on game-flow. That spells doom for the fantasy upside of all three RBs. Maybe Aaron Jones’ off-season troubles get him suspended early on which could triple Williams’ upside overnight.
· Andrew Luck is claiming is surgically repaired shoulder is fine and he is not experiencing any pain lately. If we draft Luck we definitely want to draft a decent mid-level back up as well as Luck could have a relapse at anytime so he is a true 2018 high risk/high reward type guy.
· D’Onta Foreman is shaping up to be a nice last round sleeper to grab in drafts. Coming off an Achilles injury he will not be on anyone’s radar but with a shaky Lamar Miller ahead of him, we see Foreman getting a shot here for 12+ carries by mid-season and if this Houston offense is anything like it was last year with Deshaun Watson at the helm, we want to own as many Texans as we can, right down to Will Fuller.
· Ronald Jones is a nice RB3 type guy to pursue this summer in drafts as he is slated to get 12-15 carries a game on a decent Bucs offense. We do not see Charles Sims or Peyton Barber standing in Jones’ way if Jones can get off to a decent start.
Gallop is going to be asked to fill some huge shoes in Dallas this season with Witten retired and Dez Bryant
gone, Dallas is in desperate need of some playmakers and aside from Allen Hurns, we are not high on any other receivers in Dallas
this year besides Gallop. Gallop is a
WR3 prospect at best, more like a BYE week filler or bench WR. We project more running this year than ever
Coleman could be on the move from
· Braedon Bowman TE Chargers is a deep TE sleeper to watch this year. With Gates gone and Hunter Henry already hurt for the whole season, the door is wide open for Bowman if he can develop a rapport with Philip Rivers.
are quietly high on Rashaad Penny this year as the
potential new lead RB in
· Our initial gut is telling us not to get too psyched about Pat Mahomes in K.C. this year. He does have “potential” to be great but we often see “potential” die hard so tread lightly on thinking this guy is going to be your late round QB1 this year.